Why Choose SERVPRO Norwood/West Roxbury - Biohazard Remediation
Biohazard cleanup is the cleaning, sanitation, and deodorizing of areas where a traumatic events such as an accident, injury or death has occurred. Usually this means dealing with blood, human or animal remains, chemical spills, and more. This also includes cleaning up after a crime scene, since it is up to the property owner to find biohazard cleaning services.
Biohazard Cleanup Should Be Done By Professionals
SERVPRO of Norwood/West Roxbury Disaster Remediation Technicians are OSHA certified. Our technicians understand how to protect themselves and others with personal protective equipment (PPE) when dealing with blood borne pathogens. PPE helps ensure the safety of our workers. This equipment helps prevent hazardous material from contacting the body through the skin, eyes, mouth, nose or any other area. Although PPE varies from job to job, it should always include gloves, a hazardous material body-suit, and a respirator.
The Biohazard Cleanup Process
- First, our technicians will identify the affected areas and determine the scope of the work. Once the plan is agreed upon, the remediation begins as quickly as possible.
- We will always put the focus on both their safety and that of other individuals at the cleanup site.
- Our teams will properly remove and dispose of any potentially infectious materials from the site.
- Hazardous medical waste, such as: bodily fluids, or items that contain potential health hazards, are handled following OSHA and state of Massachusetts regulations.
- We remove porous materials like fabric and carpeting following both industry and state of Massachusetts regulations.
- Non-hazardous materials are decontaminated if they are salvageable.
- After the cleanup and sanitization, we thoroughly deodorize the affected areas.
- Removing contaminated materials, then cleaning and sanitizing is usually enough to control odors. However, in rare cases, the crew will use hydroxyls or ozone to ensure the odor is eliminated.
SERVPRO of Norwood/West Roxbury is here to help our community and will be by your side every step of the way after a crisis damages your commercial or residential property. Call (781) 769-9125 for help with any emergency and will make it, "Like it never even happened."