If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (781) 769-9125

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Risks In Your Home

2/13/2020 (Permalink)

A disastrous fire can start easily in your West Roxbury, MA home by misuse of heating equipment and household appliances. Here are some common causes of house fires and how to reduce risk.

  1. Although candles make a room smell good, they should never be left unattended. Always blow out a candle when leaving a room. Keep flammable objects away from the candle to avoid spreading the flame.
  2. Heating Equipment. Keep all objects clear of your heaters and vents. Curtains, blankets, and laundry can easily catch fire if they are too close.
  3. Be sure to smoke outside, if you smoke. A cigarette butt not properly put out can remain lit for hours!
  4. Electrical Equipment. Be aware of faulty or frayed wires on your appliances. Get them repaired as soon as possible, and unplug them and avoid using them. Overloading a power point can also cause an electrical fire, so be sure to check your adapters.

These are of course only some of the most common causes of house fires. Unfortunately, there are additional factors that may put your home at risk. For more information on fire safety in your home visit the FEMA website. 

If fire strikes your home call the experts at SERVPRO Norwood West Roxbury, 781-769-9125. We will make it, "Like it never even happened."

Other News

View Recent Posts